BPG Media is a publishing company based in Buckminster. We look after both our in-house pet and countryside magazine titles and external client work including contract publishing, book publishing, web design and print projects. Founded in 1989 with the ambition of delivering specialist magazines of the highest order into specialist markets. We have a vacancy within our studio for an ambitious, creative graphic designer who can work accurately and effectively under pressure. The successful candidate must be well versed in Photoshop, but also have a good set of skills with InDesign to produce quality layouts to a deadline. A good knowledge of print processes is ideal together with experience of handling all aspects of a design project.
The successful applicant will have:
- at least 1 years work experience as a designer on a consumer magazine
- the ability to create print ready artwork
- effective time management skills to work within tight dead-lines
- a strong portfolio showing flair for design in multiple contexts
- a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant creative field, e.g. Graphic Design is preferred but not essential
- a thorough knowledge of the Adobe software suite – primarily Photoshop and InDesign
- a good knowledge of typography and colour
- the ability to produce work for different brands simultaneously
BPG Media is located in the heart of the tranquil and unspoilt Leicestershire countryside, yet only five minutes from the A1. The office is part of a recent business development that blends the rural landscape with a high quality contemporary design – the views from the window are pretty inspiring, too. Due to our rural location, you must be able to get to and from work yourself, and not be reliant on public transport. Should this mean a daily commute is not feasible for you, please do consider the full implications of relocating before applying.
To apply please send your CV, a covering letter and a completed supplementary details form which you can download below. If your portfolio is available on line, please provide a link, or send at least three examples of your recent work by the closing date of 28th July 2017.